OUR VERDICT - The Monitor 100's performance isn’t short of energy. Echoing their siblings musicality as well as warmth, smoothness and scale, they are also more exciting than the Monitor Audio Bronze, if you favour warmth over detail, to listen to.
We start with the Kylie Minogue Abbey Road Sessions Album. The songs recorded on this album include her mainstream pop hits but they are presented in a more grown up, seductive fashion. Not only is this album beautifully recorded but it also has flitting tempos and stereo interplay which make for great tests of timing and rhythmic aptitude.
There’s never a dull moment as the instrumental parts switch between guitar strums and playful bass lines. while the vocals consist of seductive nuances.
The Monitor Audio Monitor 100 keep it all in check, clocking different dynamic signatures and tracking overlapping instruments in a spacious, orderly soundstage so that nothing feels like a mere footnote. It’s an interesting delivery, and the MA's demonstrate their adaptability as we jump between genres.
Even with something from Daft Punk – whose ambient sounds could easily be deemed uninteresting when heard through dynamically flat speakers – the Monitor Audio Monitors have the subtlety to pick out textures and discern dynamics without combing over intricacies.
With effortless concentration they ride the tracks undulating waves of techno beats, taut punchy and punctual through the Monitor 100 woofer. The Monitor Audio's ability to anchor the deepest, most foreboding notes allows them to communicate threat and peril effectively.
Monitor Audio have also thought about how the speakers will look in your chosen room, if you like the look of the distinctive drivers then leave them naked. The Monitor Audio Monitor 100 are available in White ( With white grilles ) Black or Walnut finishes meaning that whatever your chosen style of decor the MA's are sure to complement it. - Thoroughly Recommended.
The Monitor 100s are beautifully proportioned speakers featuring a 61/2" MMP II bass driver complemented by a 25 mm black C-CAM tweeter. With a larger bass driver and bigger cabinet, the 100s deliver a more expansive and punchy sound.
Two sets of binding post terminals on each speaker allow for bi-wiring or a bi-amp set up. To maintain their compact proportions, and to allow positioning in the most confined locations, the speakers are rear ported. The Monitor 100s truly deliver the classic Monitor Audio sound.
- Classic Monitor Audio speaker design with a playful twist
- Orange translucent MMP II (Metal Matrix Polymer) driver cones – adds a stylish touch
- High overall impedance (8 ohms) – easy to drive with lower power amplifiers
- Black C-CAM (Ceramic-Coated Aluminium Magnesium) dome tweeter – derived from Monitor Audio’s award-winning Bronze series
- Creative use of 51/2" and 61/2" drivers have delivered a compact bookshelf, floorstand model together with larger bookshelf and floorstander to complement larger rooms and higher power applications
- HiVe II (High Velocity, Low Noise Reflex Port) technology – for an improved transient response and tighter bass, due to smoother airflow
- Black, white or a walnut finish, with contrasting grey baffle
- Outrigger feet on floorstanding models deliver a sleeker appearance, takes up less floor space and improves stability
|Frequency Response||44 - 30 kHz|
|Bass Driver||165mm MMP II|
|Treble Driver||25mm C-CAM|
|Sensitivity||88 dB ( 1W @ 1M )|
|Power Handling||100 Watts|
|Nominal Impedance||8 Ohm Compatible|
|Dimensions||310 x 201 x 298.3 MM
( H x W x D )
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.
Awsome quality speakers. Im so glad they had come down in price making it more affordable to suit my high end hifi system. - Amazon
|Price Match||Audio Affair|