Elac Element EA101EQ-G Integrated Stereo Amplifier
"Whatever type of music you choose to play, it gives a lively
and engaging rendition, with a decent amount of
power considering its diminutive dimensions"
'Hi-Fi Choice Review - April 2017'
Integrated Amplifier - Elac Element EA101EQ-G
Our Opinion - Its quite rare that you come across an amplifier with specifications like this within this price point, this amplifier is fully loaded but specs alone don't provide the full picture. We have found that this amp brings a whole new level of convenience whilst retaining the important features of a traditional integrated amplifier. The app controlled setup allowed us to tune the speakers to our Hifi Demo Room with great results. Once calibrated you are greeted with a full bodied yet engaging sound that can of course be tailored to your requirements using the App. Add to this the built in Hi-Res DAC, Dolby Digital Decoding, Bluetooth and much more, and you have something of a Hi-Fi masterpiece. If you are looking for a space saving amplifier with features of models costing much more then the Elac Element EA101EQG is the one for you. On Demo In-Store Now.
Modern Amplifier Design
At the heart of the Element G is a brand new BASH Tracking Amplifier delivering 80 Watts per channel to your speakers. This new amplifier uses a modulated switched mode power supply allied to a conventional class AB amplifier. This means that you will be rewarded with traditional analogue sound that's powerful yet efficient. Switching at more than 400,000 times per second, the supply tracks the incoming audio signal to ensure that the Class AB amplifier gets only the voltage necessary (with a little headroom) to cope with today’s dynamic movie and music content, thus maximizing the efficiency and potential of the amplifier.
ELAC’s free iOS and Android app allows you to fully control and set up your system. The app includes innovative features not found on any other products in this class—anywhere. The companion IOS and Android app measures the near-field response of main speakers and subwoofer, then pinpoints the subwoofer’s optimal crossover frequency. Auto Blend results in the perfect integration of clean, articulate bass. Room Calibration precisely tailors your system for flattest frequency response across the audio spectrum, optimized for your listening position and environment. Easily rename each input to match your source. The revised name will appear in the app and on the integrated amplifier’s front panel display.
TV Sound System
With built-in Dolby Digital Decoding, the Element amplifier has been designed to sit at the heart of your entertainment system. Simply connect the audio output from your TV to the Element Amp and experience your favourite movies or TV shows like never before. To make the Element Amplifier even easier to use Elac have programmed the free iOS or Android app so you can teach the Element Amplifier to respond your favourite IR remote control.
Element EA101EQ-G Specifications
- Amplifier: BASH Digital Fidelity Tracking Amplifier
- Power output Continuous:
- 2 x 80 Watts 2 channels driven into 4 ohms @ 1kHz
- 2 x 40 Watts 2 channels driven into 8 ohms @ 1kHz
- 2 x 70 Watts 2 channels driven into 2 ohms @ 1kHz
- Power output burst (CEA 2010*):
- 120 Watts 1 channel driven into 4 ohms @ 1kHz
- 65 Watts 1 channel driven into 8 ohms @ 1kHz
- 170 Watts 1 channel driven into 2 ohms @ 1kHz
- Power and THD+N, 1kHz:
- 4 ohms 70 Watts @ .07%
- 8 ohms 40 Watts @ .03%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
- (Full Power Digital input): 101dB
- Broadband Frequency Response: 20Hz to 40kHz +/- 1.8dB
- Analog inputs: 2
- Digital inputs: 3 total; 2 optical / 1 coaxial (192kHz 24-bit)
- USB input: 192kHz 24-bit asynchronous
- Subwoofer Output: 1
- Headphone output: 1 (100mW @ 16 ohms)
- Bluetooth audio: Yes with aptX
- Audio Decoding: Dolby Digital
- Display: OEL
- App Control: Yes, iOS and Android control app
- A Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy Android or iOS device is required to use this application.
- Room Correction: ABC (Auto Blend & Calibrate)
- All specifications subject to change.
- Power Consumption:
- Power Off 120Vac: .86W
- Auto Off 120Vac: 5.45W
Write a review and let shoppers know what you think of this product.